Alexa.Amazon.com is a virtual voice assistant from Amazon. It not only gives the answer to all questions but also helps in searching them on the internet. Alexa has gained tremendous popularity in recent years. Because it is a unique device as compared to other tablets.
A normal user can also use Alexa to control the functions of all the smart devices. There are many Alexa related skills that a user can use by downloading the Alexa app. These skills are developed by both Amazon and other IT developers.
Alexa provides 75000 skills currently having different features.Initially, you have to say the word “WAKE” to alert your device. However, you can change the wake word anytime to something else such as Echo or Computer.
Now, you can ask Alexa to all sorts of questions related to music, weather, and shopping. Users can give instructions by using voice commands. A user can communicate with Amazon Alexa App in many different languages such as English, Spanish, German, French, Italian.
For example, In German countries, the user can ask a question in German and Alexa will give back an answer in German only. You can use the Alexa app to control all the skills such as making shopping lists, controlling and managing the music and Alarms.
To illustrate further, Amazon Echo the first generation, Amazon Echo 2nd generation, Echo Show, Echo Spot, Echo look and many more. The main benefit of the app is that it can save a lot of time for you. You don’t have to type everything on the web browser. It provides us a small web interface to set up many of the compatible devices such as the Echo Show, Echo Dot. Amazon Alexa app is available in different variants.
FEATURES OF AMAZON ALEXA
- Play music on the radio from Spotify.
- Set alarm and control all home devices.
- Get news reports.
- Ask all web-based questions.
- Make calls and music on your cellphone.
- Work as an Intercom between Echo speakers in your home.
- Play games and ambient sounds.
HOW ALEXA WORK
Many apps perform a variety of different tasks and things by getting voice commands from its users.For example Microsoft Cortana, OK Google, Siri, etc. But Alexa has a slightly better than all other virtual assistants mentioned above. You can listen to music in your Alexa device through your Spotify account.
In the Alexa, there is an option of Alexa open skill finder through which you can add your all available skills. If your Alexa device shows red Light which means your device is not getting signals. It will receive signals only when the green light is appearing.
- You can download the Alexa App from Alexa.amazon.com.
- Once the download is complete, you can set up your device but inserting your username and password.
- Alexa App is free and you will be able to use this app to set up your device.
It is available on Android 5.1 or higher and iOS 11.0 or higher.
DOWNLOAD ON MOBILE
Go to the app store or Play Store on your mobile device and search for “Alexa app.”
To check for new updates, search for “app.” If an update is available, select Update.
AMAZON ECHO DEVICE
The first-generation Amazon Echo consists of a 9.25-inch tall cylindrical shaped speaker with a seven-piece microphone.It has a powerful Stereo sound. The echo has Alexa voice-control platform, which makes the interaction with your speaker easily.It is an additional interface for your smart home as compared to the smartphone. Echo device is compatible with Android and iOS Both. With Echo device we can talk to anyone hands free. Echo has beam form technology so it can hear your from any direction in home.
- First, download the Alexa app and sign in. Before setup, make sure that you have the latest version of the Alexa app. Users can download the Alexa.Amazon.com on your phone or tablet (iOS/Android). Once you have downloaded the app, hold it on for a second.
- Turn on Amazon Echo Device. Plug the power adapter into Amazon Echo and then into a power outlet of your home.The light on the top of the Amazon Echo turns blue, and then orange. When the light turns orange, the Amazon Echo device greets you.
- Connect the Amazon Echo device to a Wi-Fi network. Once the device is fully powered, connect the Amazon Echo device to a Wi-Fi network. Like many other smart devices, Echo requires to connect directly during its configuration process.
TIP: If your Amazon Echo is creating a problem while connecting to your Wi-Fi network.Unplug it and then plug the device again into a power outlet to restart it. If you still facing any issue, reset your Amazon Echo and set it up again.
Talk to Alexa
Your device is now fully configured with Alexa.Amazon.com. You can check the same by saying the word “ALEXA”. If it is responding means your device is connected. You can anytime change the wake word in settings by selecting your Amazon Echo device.
With the Echo device, you can do many things such as :-
Alexa, what’s playing? Or play music.
Alexa, what is 294 x 6? any query.
Frequently Asked Question